We've repainted a few rooms to try and bring out the architectural features of the house, but until recently we left our kitchen completely alone. Not because I didn't want it changed, but because renovating a kitchen is expensive! So I made it my goal to see how cheaply we could transform our kitchen.
Notice the ugly boring laminate - complete with small red stains, and a few scratches.
The biggest improvement came from redoing our counter tops with the Giani Granite Chocolate Brown Kit. The Kit includes
- 12 Oz. of IronCoreTM Primer-Base Coat
- 6 Oz. of Brown Feldspar Mineral
- 6 Oz. of Inca Gold Mineral
- 6 Oz. of Chocolate Brown Mineral
- 16 Oz. of Automotive Polyurethane Topcoat
- 6" GIANITM roller arm and two roller pads
- 4" GIANITM granite paint sponge
- 2" Foam Brush - Black Practice Poster Board
- 'Paint-by-Number' DVD for beginners
- Illustrated Instructions
We started the project by putting painters tape up and protecting our cabinets with butcher paper.
Next came painting the black base coat.
If we had done nothing else, this alone would have improved the look of the kitchen. This made us excited to try out a sample paint job on the included paper.
To apply the paint, you start with the darkest color, and sponge it on the main part of your counters. Then you repeat the process with the next lightest color, then the next. Then you use a smaller part of the sponge to cover any base board area.
The seams along the wall, and in between the backboard and the counter can then be filled in with a paintbrush. The paintbrush can also be used to add veining, or color to any of the areas that may need to be fixed.
After the paint dries, the counters need to be hand sanded to remove any bumps and to smooth it out. Then the first shiny top coat can be applied. After the top coat is dry, it's time to sand and coat once more.
After the process is completed, we were left with shiny counter tops and a transformed kitchen.
Do you remember the before?
I would highly recommend this product to anyone. I love that even if two people bought the exact same kit, the outcome would be completely different depending on who painted it. It was easy to use, and we would not hesitate to use it again if we moved somewhere else or needed a bathroom remodel.
The only downside is that the kitchen can't really be used during the initial painting and drying process. The counter tops also need to cure for 14 days to fully set, but can still be used carefully during that time. Not being able to use an area during any kind of renovation is completely normal though, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. I actually quite enjoyed it, as it got me out of cooking for a few days.
To Buy - The Giani Granite Kits come in a variety of colors, and are available for just $69.95.
The Kit features
- Unique blend of polymers and minerals create a countertop that locks out moisture - while showing off the beautiful dark granite of northern Italy!
- Great for upgrading Formica*laminate, Corian*ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite countertops and vanities
- Covers 35 square feet or 16 running feet of standard 24" wide counters
- Quick, fun and easy 'paint-by-number' process for beginning painters
- Project time - 4 hours of painting and 16 hours of drying
- Water-based safe and low odor
- Hides any existing stains, scratches or burns
- Granite color is adjustable to your decor
- Durable automotive grade clear polyurethane topcoat
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
The true testament to how fantastic our counters look, is that when my husbands parents and grandparents saw the result, they both went online and purchased a kit. And my sister, and my husbands brother both plan on doing the same.
To Win - Giani Granite is giving away a Countertop Paint Kit to one of you - Your choice of color!
Make sure and complete the Mandatory Entry to be eligible to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way. I received no monetary compensation for this post. By entering this giveaway you agree to my giveaway/disclosure guidelines