Playing the game is pretty simple. The main character, Max, can run and jump. That's it! There's no attack or special moves. You just have to make it to the end of each level.
The trick is that there are certain parts of each level that either cannot be reached by jumping or are blocked by enemies or obstacles. That's where the magic marker comes into play. Using the DS stylus, you can draw whatever you need. Gaping chasm? No problem, just draw a bridge. Acid rain? Draw an "umbrella" that protects you. Enemy in the way? Draw something to either block the enemy or drop something on its head.
One aspect of the game that I really liked was the ability to "stop time" and draw while the game is paused. This is a huge help if you get in a tricky situation. If you try to make a jump that's too far, simply pause the game and draw yourself a bridge to catch you. As I played I felt that the controls (jumping, drawing) were a little sluggish at times, but overall the game worked well and was very enjoyable.
- Embark on an adventure through three stunning worlds as they come to life
- Take on challenges leaping through 15 levels using the power of the marker to draw objects into your very own world
- Solve a variety of problems and puzzles in order to unlock rewards
- Intuitive use of the DS stylus as the magic marker allows players to let their creativity soar
- Featuring the original soundtrack by Danish band Analogik, the colourful correlation of music provides a more realistic appeal to the audience
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way. I received no monetary compensation for this post.