It always amazes me how different both of our girls are. Strangely enough our two year old is definitely the more dominant personality and kind of controls things around the house. If she doesn't like something you are doing or if she wants something that you have, she lets you know it. Kik is the complete opposite. She is awful at making decisions and won't ever stand up for herself.
They have their little scuffles and fights, but the only time they can't ever seem to get along is when they are in either the bath or car. I don't know if it's because they are stuck together in a small enclosed space, but it seems like they don't ever stop fighting!
If we want them to be quiet in the car for any length of time we have to bring along a whole bunch of "quiet" items that they can play completely by themselves. And if we want no tears during bath time we have to buy multiples of everything.
Recently we got lucky and found items to solve both problems at InnovativeKids.
For bath time togetherness InnovativeKids carries a line of Soft Shapes foam toys that can be used wet or dry. They have bath friendly toys, games, and chunky playsets. But my absolute favorite thing is the Soft Shapes My First Puzzles Nursery Rhymes Set.
The set retails for just $12.99 and contains 8 different nursery rhyme four piece puzzles. As I only have 2 girls that means there is plenty to go around!
The puzzles are the perfect difficulty for a 2 year old, and my 5 year old loves saying the nursery rhymes as she puts them together. I also love that the foam sticks right to the side of the bath so they are easy to put together. And the illustrations are adorable!
For car quiet time they also carry a Princess - green start Play, Draw, Create activity book that retails for just $16.99.
This book is amazing! It has a blank dry erase board for drawing time, and reusable dry erase activities and games. The dry erase board is also magnetized, and comes complete with a large # of magnetized princesses and accessories.
This book is really perfect for keeping Kik occupied on long car rides!
To Buy - Not only is the Princess Play, Draw, Create Kit a huge hit in our family, it is also environmentally friendly. The Innovative Kids line of green start products use recycled products and eco friendly ink.
To Win - Innovative Kids is giving away either the Princess Play, Draw, Create or the Soft Shapes My First Puzzle Nursery Rhyme Set to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Visit InnovativeKids and then come back and tell me what other item you would love to try! Also let me know which item you want if you win!
Optional Entries - To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect (just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter. or subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email. New and Old Followers Welcome!
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Share this giveaway on facebook!
- Win a Nursery Rhyme Soft Bath Play set, or a Princess Play, Draw, Create Kit from One Day at a Time! http://bit.ly/eehgKF
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tweet about this giveaway!
- 1 Entry (per method) - "Like" InnovativeKids on facebook or twitter - and if you feel so inclined, thank them for sponsoring this great giveaway here!
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
Giveaway ends October 3rd 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way. I received no monetary compensation for this post.