Winner Comment #3 -NW Homesteader said...twitter follower
The last couple of nights my girls have gone to bed early - as in before midnight. Besides getting more sleep, this means that my husband and I have also had more free time to spend together.
We've spent that time trying to beat each other at Jungle Speed!
Jungle Speed is kind of like a combination between the card games spoons and war.
In the game, all of the cards are dealt out evenly - face down - to all of the players. Then the players take turns flipping over the top card in the pile. When any of the symbols match, the players with the matching symbols try to grab a yellow totem that's sitting in the middle of the table. The slower player has to take all of the winners cards and add them to the bottom of their pile. The first person to get rid of all of their cards wins!
To add a little difficulty, some of the symbols are quite similar. It's actually really easy to grab the totem by mistake thinking that the symbols match. There are also special cards mixed into the deck that temporarily change the rules.
The first time we played my husband and I struggled a bit. The similar cards really messed us up, and we couldn't remember what all of the special cards meant. We caught on about half way through the game. Then I dominated with my powerful observation skills and lightning fast reflexes.
To Buy - Jungle Speed is a great family game! It was fun with just the two of us, but would also be appropriate for up to 10 players. I imagine it would get pretty crazy with extra people thrown into the mix.
As it is a little more complicated than war, the age recommendation states for ages 8 and up. I definitely agree! My five year old would have been able to understand the basic matching concept, but there's no way that she could ever get the totem.
It debuted in the US in July and can currently be purchased for just $19.99 nationwide at Toy”R”Us, Target, Walmart, etc.
To Win - One of you could win your very own game of Jungle Speed!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Asmodee.com and then come back and tell me another game that you would love to play with your family!
Optional Entries - To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter. or subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email.(Also on Sidebar) New and Old Followers Welcome!
- 1 Entry - Add my NEW button to your blog and leave me the link. If you have the old one on your site, please replace it with the old one. A new site and new look calls for a new button!
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Share this giveaway on facebook! I just entered to win a Jungle Speed family game from One Day at a Time! Enter here! http://bit.ly/eehgKF
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tweet about this giveaway!
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
Giveaway ends August 23rd 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way. I received no monetary compensation for this post.