Winner Comment #122. Georgia Mist said...I LIKE *Ancestry.com* on Facebook (Terri P)
After I first had Kik I had a lot of free time on my hands. She didn't eat or sleep very well and I had to hold her constantly.
To give me something to do while I was holding her, I started tracing my family history. I thought it was fun to learn about my ancestors and what connected my daughter to the past. I got really into it, and did it all of the time.
One of the most comprehensive sites I found for family history information was Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com has over 6 billion family records and millions of family trees. Besides the standard items like census records, you can find a wealth of other documents on your ancestors.
My moms side of the family has a lot of Scandinavian influence. When I searched for my great, great, great Grandpa Einar Erickson recently I found a lot of information. There were immigration records, census records, and even military records. But one of my favorite things was this picture of him and two of his sons - the one on the left being my great great grandfather Bardur.
I also found this picture of his native home in Iceland.
To Buy - Ancestry.com's membership packages begin at $69 for the US Membership and go up to $299 for a 12 month subscription for world wide access. And if you don't have time to do the searching yourself, they also have a service where they will trace your family tree for you.
Members of Ancestry.com can also connect with distant family members, display their family trees in fun ways, and make family history books. The Family Tree Maker Software is compatible with both the MAC and the PC. They also have a free 14 day trial for those who are new to the site.
To Win - Ancestry.com is giving away a 12 Month World Deluxe Membership to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Just leave a comment on the post and tell me why you would love to win this!
Optional Entries - To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter. or subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email.(Also on Sidebar) New and Old Followers Welcome!
- 3 entries - Add my Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller Giveaway Button to your Blog!
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Share this giveaway on facebook!
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tweet about this giveaway!
- 1 Entry (per method) - "Like" Ancestry.com on facebook or twitter - and if you feel so inclined, thank them for sponsoring this great giveaway here!
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
Giveaway ends August 11th 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way. I received no monetary compensation for this post.