Winner Comment #63 - Jammie said...dt http://twitter.com/#!/Jammie79/status/83224833890058240
As a child of the 90's I used to love slap bracelets. For those of you that aren't familiar with this awesome product, slap bracelets are metal bands covered with bright colorful fabric that snap into a circle when slapped.
Slap Bracelets were a huge fad when I was in Elementary School and everyone wore them. Unfortunately they didn't last long. Because the bracelets were made out of metal, the fabric tended to rip and the metal would be left exposed. After awhile slap bracelets were banned from schools and I was a very sad girl.
I was so excited when I found out that slap bracelets were making a come back in the form of a watch. I love when companies take retro products like slap bracelets and turn them into something even more awesome - the SLAP Watch!
I knew that my daughters would be as in love with the idea as I was when I was a child, and I just had to try them out!
SLAP Watches are similar to slap bracelets in the fact that they start off as a band and snap into a circle. But that's where the similarities end. Instead of being made from sharp metal and fabric, SLAP Watches are made from a silicone and a lithium ion battery. The band is smooth and there are no sharp edges that leave unexplainable cuts on your arm.
SLAP watches come in 9 different colors for adults and 6 different styles for kids. The coolest thing is the watch bands are completely interchangable, so you can create your own look. The middle pops right out -
and can be inserted into any of the other bands.
When we first got the watches my daughters were fighting over who got pink and who got white. Within seconds I was able to end the fight by making both watches pink and white. They love them!
I told my husband and my 12 year old niece about the SLAP watch and found out that I was sadly behind the times. Apparently a number of my husbands high school students, and my nieces 6th grade friends already own the watch!
To Buy - Starting at just $17.95 for the jr. version and $19.95 for the adult, the SLAP Watch would be a great summer accessory!
To Win - SLAP Watch is giving away a SLAP Watch to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Slapwatch.com and then come back and tell me your favorite color.
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 3 entries Add my Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller Giveaway Button to your Blog!
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" SLAPWatch on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from SLAP Watch
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a SLAP Watch #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @slap_watch. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends June 29th 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S.. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post