I briefly considered buying a variety of wooden alphabet letters and painting them to match the room. But after thinking about how long it would take to paint, sand, and hang all of those letters, I quickly vetoed the idea. I still really wanted something similar in the room but I did not want to do it myself.
I found exactly what I was looking for at Janey-Mac.com
I loved that the letters were all different styles and sizes and that the colors were completely customizable. Looking at the colors online I decided to go with aqua, bubblegum, violet, and key lime for my girls room.
When we got our Crazy Alphabet vinyl decal in the mail we cut out our letters and got to work. I accidentally threw the instructions for installing the vinyl away, so it took us a little bit of time to figure out what we were doing. But once we got the hang of it, the process was fairly easy. And our room went from this to this -
I've never done vinyl decals before, but I was really pleased with the result! It gave the room lots of color and character without ruining our paint and walls.
To Buy - This summer we are going to have to transform our dance themed nursery into a boys oasis, and I am definitely going to get more vinyl to transform the room. It's easy to use, looks great, and is much less expensive then buying large artwork for the walls.
To Win - Janey-Mac is giving away a $30 Gift Code to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to janey-mac.com and then come back and tell me what you would spend the gift card on of you win!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- Follow Janey-Mac's Blog or Heart an Item on their Etsy Site
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Janey Mac
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- Spice up your walls and enter to #win a $30 giftcard #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and Janey-Mac. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends May 16th 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post