Winner comment #140 - kelley said...gfc
One of the areas of my house that I am most concerned about cleaning up is the outside. We bought our home about two years ago, it's needed help the whole time. The first year we lived here we moved in too late into the season so there was only so much we could do. There was an abandoned house next to us, and its waist high weeds completely engulfed our backyard.
The second year, the government told us that they were tearing down our fence, buying a foot and a half or our property, and renting another 6 feet to use during their construction project. It was supposed to be done last July but of course they ran a little behind and our yard wasn't usable until October.
And this year the weather has been stalling our outdoor spring clean up plans. I'm in Utah so we haven't experienced the tornadoes and severe weather like some areas of the country, but the weather here has been completely unpredictable. Most days are either warm and incredibly windy (like yesterdays 66* and wind gusts between 20-30mph) or cold and snowy like today.
A few months ago when I was planning for my spring event I started imagining all of the wonderful improvements I could make; new flowers and bushes for my flower bed, new trees for shade in the backyard, a new fence and porch, etc. While planning my dream yard, I came across this beautiful standing redwood and glass butterfly house from Plow and Hearth that I thought would fit perfectly in my flower bed.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to put it outside yet, but I still have high hopes.
To Buy - The Butterfly House retails for $75 and would make a beautiful addition to any yard. The wood is solid redwood and is really a nice finish. The etched glass is really pretty and will allow us to view the butterflies without disturbing them. Other features include
- Solid redwood and brass components
- Overhanging roof lifts for easy cleaning
- Made in the USA
- Size - 9"W x 9"D x 21"H; 43-1/4"H including pole
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Plow and Hearth and then come back and tell me what other item you would love to try!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" Company on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Company
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a Standing Redwood Butterfly House #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @plowandhearth. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends May 13th 2011 @11:59 PM MST . This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post