My youngest has been able to crawl out of her crib since she was one. We tried converting her crib into a toddler bed, but she wanted nothing to do with it. So we took Kik's bunk beds apart and moved the girls into the same room. We decided that because the top bunk has bed rails on both sides, and it is actually lower to the ground than our crib, Bid would actually be safer in the big girl bed.
For the most part it was better - she didn't fall anymore. But in a big bed, Bid had much more room to roll around and often woke herself up. So we rearranged the room again - put the beds back into bunk beds - and started letting the girls sleep together. Paradise.
The only problem that we had left was finding a way for the girls to climb in and out of bed safely. We put a kiddie step stool at the bottom of their bed, but it wasn't very high and wasn't very sturdy.
We looked around for awhile but were never able to find a better solution. I was so excited when I was checking out Personal Creations and saw their wooden puzzle stools.
The puzzle stools come in plain, flower, and sports designs, and all are customizable with your child's name and preferred colors. Because our girls share a room, we went with the Pastel Flower Name Step Stool and had them put Princess on it.
The stool is tall, thick, and sturdy, and matches the color of their bed exactly. I also love that the stool doubles as a toy. All of the pieces are cut out of the stool, and it is now my girls favorite puzzle.
To Buy - Personal Creations also carries a wide variety of other home goods and personalized gifts perfect for any member of the family. This baby blanket would be a great kids gift and the ring would be perfect for mothers day!
To Win - Personal Creations is giving away a $50 Gift Code to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to PersonalCreations.com and then come back and tell me what you would get with your gift card.
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" Personal Creations on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Personal Creations
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a $50 Personal Creations #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @pcgifts. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends April 28th 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post