On St Patricks Day this year a pesky leprechaun invaded my house and started playing tricks on my daughters. He hid toys, died our milk green, and even gave my daughters a surprise pet. Unfortunately I had my camera on the wrong setting and didn't get a video, but this was my girls reaction when they met said pet.
Their new pet was actually Red Beard “The Pirate,” from Uncle Milton's new line of toys Tarantula Planet.
The leprechaun left Red Beard in a creepy crate on my kitchen floor. And then when my girls came in and started making noise, Red Beard broke out of the crate and chased after them. It was absolutely hilarious.
After my girls stopped screaming and settled down enough to see what was chasing them, they absolutely fell in love with their new pet tarantula.
All of the Tarantulas from Uncle Milton's new line - Tango “The Solider,” Red Beard “The Pirate,” Octane “The Racer” and Spike “The Rocker” - are sound activated and run on any flat hard surface. The spiders are pretty big and are made from bendable plastic. They have little wheels on the bottom and can really book it across the floor.
To Buy - I was a little bit surprised that even though my girls are the ultimate girly girls, they absolutely love them. They love to race them, and make them chase each other. They think it's so fun to pretend like they are scared and run away from them. The Tarantula Planet tarantulas would make a great gift for a young boy, or anyone that likes to play jokes. And they retail for around $10 which is a great deal on a sound activated toy!
Also to kick off the new line, Uncle Milton has created a Tarantula Planet Fan page on Facebook and announced a cool video contest. Going on now through April 15th, the "Creepy Scare” video contest challenges fans to create and post “creepy scare” videos of the Tarantula pets. Prizes will be awarded for the best videos.
To Win - Uncle Milton is also giving away two Tarantulas to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to the Tarantula Planet Website and then come back and tell me what tarantula you would love to take home as a pet!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" Tarantula Planet on facebook
- 5 Entries - Enter the Tarantula Planet Scary Video Contest!
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- Scare your friends and enter to #win a Tarantula Planet #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and Uncle Milton. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends April 11th, 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post