A few months ago my daughter saw an episode of Sonny With a Chance and decided that she was afraid of the dark. I don't remember much about the episode except the fact that it featured a skit about monsters under a bed. I don't think it was particularly scary, but it was enough to ruin my four year old's sleep habits.
She went from going to bed entirely by herself, to refusing to sleep in her room at night.
Because of this I was so excited when I heard about Scare Me Nots.
Scare Me Nots are plush monsters that are trained at the Scare Me Not Academy to protect and keep watch of your little ones room. There are 9 Scare Me Not Graduates, each with their own look and speciality.
I looked at the site with my daughter and let her pick her favorite monster. She picked Defender Dave because he has the same name as her papa and he has eyes all around his head so he can watch everywhere at once.
My daughters love him and have dubbed him Papa Monster.
I don't know if Kik's fear is completely gone, but since Papa Monster has become a member of our household Kik no longer talks about hidden monsters and she'll sleep in her bed all night. Which I'm very thankful for.
To Buy - If you know of a little kid that's afraid of the dark or hidden monsters, Scare Me Nots are definitely worth looking in to. They would also be a great buy for little boys that love stuffed animals. Scare Me Not Monsters come in two different sizes - full and travel - and retail from $15 to $25.
To Win - Scare Me Nots is giving away your choice of monster to one of you.
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to the Scare Me Not website and then come back and tell me what monster you would pick if you win and who you want to win it for
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter New and old followers welcome!
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" Scare Me Nots on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Scare Me Nots
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- Are your little ones afraid of the dark? Enter to #win a Scare Me Not #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @ScareMeNot. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends March 28th 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post