Have I ever mentioned my love for mens neckties? I managed a mens tie store for four years before the birth of my daughter and have developed somewhat of an obsession. If a tie is ugly or tied poorly my eyes are instantly drawn to it, and I have a desire to fix it. I've never gave in to the impulse but it's been close a couple of times.
While I was working at the tie store I bought my husband quite a few ties, and haven't got to indulge my obsession for quite awhile. I was so excited when I found out that I got to get him a new tie from ABC Neckties.
ABC Neckties has something for almost everyone. They have boys ties, x-long ties, classic ties, bow ties, and even fun novelty ties.
I got my husband the blue patrick dots silk tie, and I really liked it!
The tie was silk woven and held the knot really well. The tie was thick enough that it tied even and hung straight, but not so thick that the knot was giant. I like woven ties because although they are easier to snag than printed ties, stains don't show up very well. And with two little girls staining can be a problem.
As you can tell from the picture the tie got creased at the very tip. This is common with silk ties and the crease will come out if you just hang it in the bathroom while showering. With thinner silk ties the wrinkling can occur throughout and it is a lot harder to fix. Luckily this tie was high enough quality that it shouldn't be a problem.
For those that need a lower maintenance tie, ABC Neckties also has a great selection of polyester/microfiber ties. The benefit to microfiber is that they are easier to maintain, don't wrinkle, can be spot washed, and don't bleed in humid climates (sadly silk does).
To Buy - ABC Neckties has a great selection of ties at a great price!
To Win - ABC Neckties is giving away a $25 gift certificate to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to ABCNeckties.com and then come back and tell me your favorite tie!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" ABC Neckties on facebook or twitter or follow their blog.
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a $25 Gift Certificate #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @abcneckties. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends April 4th 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post