As most of you know by now, I have two little girls. Kik is 4 and a half, and Bid is 1 and a half. Kik has always been very calm and uncofrontational, and super girly. Bid couldn't be more different! She's girly to an extent I suppose. But she's also loud and crazy and stubborn, and pushes her older sister around. She is definitely the boss and she lets her sister know it!
A few weeks ago she was biting and scratching, and attacking her sister like crazy, and we couldn't figure out how to make her stop. The same day we were trying to figure this out I was contacted by the talented lady behind B3 Designs and was asked if I would be interested in reviewing a product designed to teach kids to stop biting. Of course I said yes!
She developed a book and reward pillow that go hand in hand to teach this important concept.
Sammy the Spider Likes to Bite is all about a spider that likes to bite. He bites the cat, he bites the dog, etc. until there is no one left to play with. Then one day a fly lands in his web, and is afraid to play with Sammy in fear that Sammy will bite him.
To reinforce the lesson, the book comes with a reward pillow. When Sammy is playing nice, the fly stays to play, and might even bring Sammy a treat. But when Sammy is biting, the fly hides in the pocket and won't come out to play.
To Buy - The book is cute and the reward pillow is adorable. The book is professionally bound and features black and white pictures. If you are daring it would be a fun project to color in the pictures with your child so Sammy becomes their familiar friend.
And I love the idea of the reward pillow. My daughter decided to be nicer the day before the book came in the mail so I didn't get a chance to test it out with her. But it really is a great idea and I think it could work for some kids. Even though we didn't use the reward pillow for it's intended purpose, my daughters like to play with it while we are reading the book. They hide the fly when Sammy is being mean and bring him out to play when Sammy is nice.
The book and reward pillow are available for purchase on the B3 Designs Etsy Page, or the book can be purchased alone on createspace or Amazon
To Win - B3 Designs is giving away a Sammy the Spider Book and Reward Pillow to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to B3 Designs and then come back and tell me what other item you would love to try from their etsy shop and who you want this book and reward pillow for!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from B3Designs
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- Got a bitter at home? enter to #win a book & reward pillow #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and B3 Designs. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends February 25th 2011 @ 11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post