Besides jewelry, one of my favorite things to get for Valentines Day is flowers. And Stargazer Lilies have always been my favorite!
I love the rich reds and pinks with the shock of yellow and green in the middle. But because they are my favorite, and the go to flower in my household, this Valentines Day I decided I wanted to mix things up and try something new.
After a lot of contemplation, I decided I really wanted to try the Purple Dendrobium Orchids from ProFlowers.com.
The flowers were delivered in a box, and all I had to do was cut off the ends and add water.
Absolutely beautiful! The buds were full and open on the bottom but closed on top to make them last longer. And I loved the purplish pink color.
After a week the flowers looked just as good. The bottom flowers were getting a little saggy, but the upper buds were blooming and they still looked fantastic.
I loved going into my dining room every day, and seeing the flowers on the table. There is just something about fresh flowers that gives a room a whole new look and feel!
I can't tell you how long they lasted, because on day 9 we had a little kitchen accident that brought an end to my flowers. I'll just say that dogs, even toy ones, don't belong on the table.
While Stargazers Lilies will always be my sentimental favorite, these orchids come in at a close second!
To Buy - Whether you decide to go with a classic or try something new, ProFlowers.com has great Valentines Day Ideas for any budget. My favorite is the complete Valentines Day 4 in 1 Package.
It comes with the flowers, vase, bear, and chocolate, for only $60.
To Win - ProFlowers.com is giving away a $50 Gift Certificate to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to ProFlowers.com and then come back and tell me what other item you would love to try!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" ProFlowers on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from ProFlowers
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a $50 gift certificate #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @proflowers. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends February 16th 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post