Another product I'm super excited to tell you about is the Wobbler from HearthSong!
While my girls were busy rocking it out in the seesaw, I decided to get the wobbler ready. I opened the box and much to my excitement I was done. There was no setup required!
Since my girls were busy and the instruction sheet said that the wobbler could hold up to 300lbs, I decided to try it out myself.
How it works is you stand on the base of the Wobbler and shift your weight around trying to get one of the balls in to the center of the maze. You can move the base in any direction, but if you lose your balance and fall off you have to start over.
The first time I tried it I wasn't expecting the sudden shift and immediately put my foot on the ground. So I got on again and tipped and wobbled my way to the center of the maze. I danced all the way from kindergarten to college so I do have pretty good control of my center of balance, but that was 9 years ago! Even the slightest over shift in my weight sent the balls spinning in the wrong direction. It was a blast and so rewarding when I finally got the yellow ball in the center.
Of course by then I had my daughter attention and she just had to try. The recommended age is 7 years so she is still a little young, but she did it once standing up holding onto my hands and once kneeling down. She loved it too!
The Wobbler also comes with a yellow tray which turns it into another game. To win you have to get all 3 balls into a different hole.
This game is a little bit more advanced and takes even more control and balance to win.
To Buy - The Wobbler is really fun and a great active way to learn control and balance. It's great for in home play and would also make a great mini carnival game (0.50 per try). If your kids are in to some type of sport or dance, the Wobbler would be very beneficial in improving their game!
To Win - HearthSong is giving away a wobbler to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to HearthSong and then come back and tell me another item you would love to try!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- Wobble your way to fitness and enter to #win a wobbler #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @hearthsongtoys http://bit.ly/eehgKF
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" HearthSong on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from HearthSong
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
Giveaway ends January 24th 2011@11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post