Back in November the cold weather set in and I noticed something alarming. My family is lazy! Every single one of us lack the Motivation to get up and moving when we are forced indoors. And being the lazy person that I am, I decided that January would be the perfect time to change that. All month long - starting today - I am going to be featuring different fun products that could help someone in your family be active.
Since today is the first official day of my event, I want to introduce you to one of my new favorite things - The Strider Pre Bike.
The Strider PreBike is a running bike that teaches children to Balance before they learn how to pedal. If you look closely at the picture, you'll notice that the bike doesn't even have pedals.
I have 2 daughters, ages 18 months and 4, and the Strider Pre Bike is great for both of them. My youngest daughter likes to think she is big and refuses to ride on a typical push/scoot bike. But she is much too small to ride a big wheel or even a trike and she falls a lot. When I gave her the Strider she was so excited. It looks like a big girl bike so it made her feel special, and she could control it by herself. Here she is riding the bike for the very first time.
Notice that she is barely sitting in the seat and is pushing with her legs, but for all intents and purposes she is doing it herself!
Kik also loves the Strider Prebike. She got her first normal bike with training wheels this Summer and she is terrified of it. Her training wheels are very wobbly and she has fallen more than once. When she does get up the courage to ride it she goes incredibly slow and makes me touch the bike to steady it.
She had no fears when it came to the Strider. She sat right on it and was off! Granted, the weather has been too stormy to ride it outside so it is set up in our unfinished basement, but she showed no fear! Which is a miracle in itself. I can't wait till the Snow Melts and we can take it out for a real test drive!
To Buy - I love that the Strider is light enough for my children to handle without help and that it's helped them overcome personal obstacles. I love the fact that my children feel confident in their ability to ride the bike, and that they actually like doing it! I like that the seat is adjustable and with very little effort can be lowered or raised to suit either of my childrens needs. I would definitely recommend it.
To Win - Strider is giving away a PreBike to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to StriderSports and take a look around - then come back and tell me your favorite feature of the bike and what color you would like if you win!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 1 Entry (per method)- "Like" Strider on facebook or twitter
- 5 Entries - Buy a Strider PreBike
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- start the New Year off right and enter 2 #win a Strider PreBike #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @StriderPREbike. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends January 17th 2011 @11:59 pm mst. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from Strider Sports.
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post