Up until the last couple of years I always thought that yoga was exercise for those who wanted to be able to claim that they "worked-out" but didn't really have to do anything. Boy was I wrong! I have since learned that not only is it a great workout, but has other benefits as well. I've had back pain for several years and it turns out that some of the yoga poses are great at relieving the pain. Now I admit that I am no yoga enthusiast. In fact, my entire experience with yoga has been on the Nintendo Wii (which I'm sure isn't even actual yoga), but even that has been beneficial. So, when my wife said that we were going to be trying out the Pulse Yoga DVDs I thought it was great.
Pulse Yoga is slightly different because it not only includes the traditional poses, but incorporates micro movements within each pose. The set of Pulse Yoga DVDs include three routines with an additional Express routine. As a family we tried the Express video which was a combination of Yoga and Pilates. It was only a half hour workout, but I was definitely feeling it just a few minutes in. My daughters even did the movements along with the video.
The other three videos feature a basic routine, a routine designed for balance and tone, and one for stamina and strength. This means that whatever your exercise goals are, there's a routine that could be a really effective part of your exercise program. If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend you give it a shot.
To Buy - Each DVD Retails for 14.99, or you can get all 3 for just $35.
To Win - Pulse Yoga is giving away a complete set to one of you!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Pulse Yoga and then come back and tell me what other item you would love to try!
Optional Entries -To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, Networked Blogs, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, you can use the following or just click on the handy retweet button. Tweet
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Pulse Yoga
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
- 1 Entry - Help me promote this contest by entering it on another contest or giveaway site or linky. Just make sure and tell me where you did it! For some ideas, see here.
- #win a Pulse Yoga DVD #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @BBB. http://bit.ly/eehgKF
Giveaway ends February 14th 2011 @11:59 PM MST. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
I received a product to review from the above company or their PR Agency
Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own - I was not influenced in any way.
I received no monetary compensation for this post