Now, "educational" games may not sound like much fun, especially to kids, but I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed playing the thinkSmart DS game for ages 8+.
The game consists of training and career modes. In the training mode, you can play games from any category as many times as you want. The career mode is kind of like a test. The mode selects a few of the games randomly and can only be played once a day. The categories include things like math, language, spatial reasoning, and logic among others. So far, my favorites are the math and logic games - and not just because I'm a math teacher.
As you play, higher difficulty levels are unlocked and your scores are all recorded so that you can track your progress.
To Buy It - Buy a ThinkSmart Game this Christmas and give your kids a game that's educational and fun. You can try out some of the mini games here.
To Win It - ThinkSmart Games is giving away it's Wii version to one of you.
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Thinksmart games and then come back and tell me which game you would love to try.
Optional Entries -
To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Suggest your friends become fans on facebook
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, please use the following
I just entered a Wii ThinkSmart game #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @ThinkSmartGame. http://bit.ly/dhq41a
- 1 Entry - "Like" Think Smart on facebook
- 1 Entry - "Like" Think Smart on twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Think Smart Games
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
Giveaway ends November 25th at 11:59 PM MST. All entries submitted after the closing time are void and will be deleted. Only one entry allowed per method - items cannot be repeated daily unless specifically stated. Failure to comply by this rule will result in disqualification. This contest is open to residents of the U.S.. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
Disclosure: The giveaway and review items were provided by Think Smart. Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post. If for some reason you didn't receive your winnings or if loss or damage has occurred to yourself or you property from participating in the giveaways, One Day At A Time cannot be held responsible.