We don't have a lot of kids games, so lots of times we play the same games over and over and over. As much as I love playing Break the Ice 10+ times in a row, I decided it might be a good idea to get a game that was a little bit more educational that wouldn't be exactly the same every time we played it.
Enter Randomline Games. Randomline games has a fun unique collection of games that lets a child's imagination dictate the direction of the game.
Because practice makes perfect, and we get a lot of practice playing every game we own, I decided to get the Alphabet Squiggle game for my daughter.
The rules are simple. Basically you move your game piece along a squiggly pencil path of letters that's in the middle of the board.
When you land on a letter, you can either draw it or trace it onto a piece of paper. Then you turn the letter into either a picture or word.
My daughter loved it! She was so proud to show us that she could draw all of the Capital Letters.
And she thought it was so funny to turn the pictures into words. Whether it was her turn or not, she would look at our letters and tell us what she thought we should draw.
Sometimes her suggestion was beyond my ability, but I tried.
My only regret is that we didn't get a lowercase letter game board for her to use as well. Sometimes her lower case letters - shall we say - struggle, and she could definitely have used the practice. But all in all, I'm really happy with it.
To Buy It - Alphabet Squiggle from Randomline games retails at 19.99.
To Win It - Randomline games is also giving one of you their very own Alphabet Squiggle game.
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Randomline and then come back and tell me what other game you would love to try.
Optional Entries -
To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry - Add my Holiday Button to your blog
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, please use the following
I just entered an Alphabet Squiggle #giveaway from @Alena1DyAtATime and @RandomLine. http://bit.ly/cVCelA
- 1 Entry - "Like" Randomline on facebook and leave a post on their wall saying you saw them here
- 1 Entry - "Like" Randomline on twitter
- 5 Entries - Make a purchase from Randomline games
- 1 Entry - Enter Another ongoing giveaway on my blog (1 Entry per other giveaway entered)
Giveaway ends November 5th, 2010 @11:59 PM MST. All entries submitted after the closing time are void and will be deleted. Only one entry allowed per method - items cannot be repeated daily unless specifically stated. Failure to comply by this rule will result in disqualification. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
Disclosure: Randomline supplied the product for review and giveaway, but opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.