I've loved to read since I was a little girl. I remember sitting in my favorite chair reading my Dr. Seuss books over and over again. And now that I'm older, I love to read those same books to my daughters. I hope that with all the reading I do, my girls will grow up to love books as much as I do.
Recently I discovered a company that sells lots of the books I loved as a child - Little One Books. Little One Books specializes in quality books, music, and videos for children from birth to age 5. What's more, the company reviews and individually selects every product they sell so that they can guarantee the quality of the product.
I've literally read thousands of books to myself and my children - and not all of them were very good. And although I haven't read all of the books on the Little One Books Website, I was really impressed with those I have.
I love the Very Hungry Catterpillar
And even though there are lots of books I have read and love on the site, when I found out I got to pick any book I wanted for review purposes, I had to get something new.
I choose Alphabet Explosion! Search and Count from Alien to Zebra.
And I love it!
Alphabet Explosion is not a typical Alphabet book. Instead of saying A says ahh, it just has pictures that start with that letter. Like this Unicorn wearing underwear on the U page.
At the bottom of the page, it says how many items on each page start with the same sound, to give kids a guide to help them find all of the items.
I have a very smart four year old that knows all of her letters and numbers. Unfortunately she doesn't enunciate very well and she has a high squeaky voice that makes her almost impossible to understand. But when she sat down with this book and started going through the pages, she became a little bit easier to understand. Repeating the same first sound over and over really seemed to help her. And she loves the pictures! She thinks they are so funny.
The only downside to this book was that there were a few pictures, that she could not identify. Like the animal talking on the telephone on the T page, what is that? There is a guide in the back of the book that tells you what items are on each page, so I know what it is now, but still.
If any of you know the name of the mysterious animal, you can get a secret extra entry into the following fabulous giveaway - just leave me a comment at the end of the post, telling me the correct name of the animal.
And what is this fabulous giveaway? Why a $25 gift certificate to Little One Books of course!
To Buy It - All of the books mentioned in this post can be purchased online at Little One Books.
To Win It - Little One Books is offering one of you a $25 gift certificate to their store. So to help celebrate my birthday, give your child the gift of reading and enter today!
1st Mandatory Entry - Go to Little One Books and then come back and tell me what you would buy with the gift certificate and who you would buy it for.
Optional Entries - To increase your chances of winning, do any of the following and then leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. Each comment is worth one entry so make sure and leave a separate comment for each one you do. Also make sure that I have a valid email address so I can contact you if you win!
- 1 Entry for each method - Follow One Day At A Time with Google Friend Connect ( just click the followers link on the sidebar), Facebook, or Twitter.
- 1 Entry - Add my button to your blog and leave me the link
- 1 Entry (Per Day) - Tell others about the giveaway (you can blog it, email it, facebook it, whatever - just tell me how you did it) If you're tweeting it, please use the following
I just entered a $25 gift card #giveaway rom @Alena1DyAtATime and @LittleOneBooks http://bit.ly/bFCcyf
- 1 Entry - "Like" Little One Books on facebook and leave a post on their wall saying One Day At A Time sent you
- 1 Entry - Follow Little One Books on twitter and leave a post on their wall saying One Day At A Time sent you
- 1 Entry - Subscribe to the Little One Books newsletter (at the top of their homepage)
- 1 Entry - Enter another contest and tell me which one!
- Giveaway ends Friday October 8th, 11:59 PM MST. All entries submitted after the closing time are void and will be deleted. Only one entry allowed per method - items cannot be repeated daily unless specifically stated. Failure to comply by this rule will result in disqualification. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. The winner will be selected at random.org and then announced on my blog and contacted via email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
- Disclosure: Opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a book for review purposes from little One Books. If for some reason you didn't receive your winnings or if loss or damage has occurred to yourself or you property from participating in the giveaways, One Day At A Time cannot be held responsible.